Sunday, February 03, 2008

2008 - Lots of excitement this year!

A belated Happy New Year to all! We have been busy and therefore really slacking on posting updates and pictures. Happily, we are settling back into our usual routine after the holidays - we are back to work, Lily is back to school, we are enjoying our home and love living in Glenview.

2008 will bring lots of excitement for our family:
- Lily is turning 3 this month. We are planning her birthday party - it will be at the Kohl's Children's Museum and will have cupcake theme:) Lily is so excited for her birthday -it's very cute. She has already told us that she wants a strawberry birthday cake with frosting flowers! In early March she will be moving up in school to Gard 3 - hopefully the transition will go smoothly, though I know she is going to miss her wonderful Gard 2 teachers Miss Lauren and Miss Becky. We are looking ahead to warmer weather ( though it will take a long time to get here) when we can spend some time outside and hit up Flick Pool. Lily has really been wanting to go swimming! In preparation for warmer weather I have started shopping for Lily's spring wardrobe - so far she has some really cute things that I can't wait to have her wear:)

- We have never officially announced it on the blog - but in late March we will be welcoming a baby boy into our family! We are nervous and excited about this new addition and Lily is looking forward to meeting her baby brother. We have been working on the nursery (see pics below) and though it is still a work in progress, it is coming along nicely. Like we did with Lily, we pretty much went the PBKids route with this nursery - you can't go wrong there! It's also been out with the pink and in with the blue, navy, brown and green. I have been busy shopping for baby boy and he has quite a wardrobe so far. I have found it to be more challenging to shop for a boy than a girl, but I have still managed to fill his drawers and closet! Look below for a few pictures of baby boy's wardrobe - it will be hard, but he will almost as stylish as his big sister!

Our house is slowly coming together and really starting to look like a home as we add personal touches here and there. Lately, I have been focusing on Lily's room and the nursery, but I intend to work on our living room as well. Our basement has turned out great - the playroom is really cute and a fun place to play. We also put our new computer down there and it has been a nice addition to our setup. We posted a few pictures below of the playroom.

The next few months are sure to be busy - we have a lot to do in preparation for the baby. Check back for updates

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google