Monday, August 20, 2007

Summer winds down........

Summer is nearing an end, though I am sure that we still have plenty of hot and humid days ahead. This past weekend, we got an early dose of fall with temperatures in the low 60s on Saturday.

We are getting more settled into our house and are enjoying putting our personal touches on it. Right now Eric is working on finishing off the "party room". The "party room" is what Lily has named a little cubby space in the nursery that she loves to play in. Unfortunately, the party room had exposed insulation so it was not the best play space. Eric has spent the last 2 weekends finishing off the walls so that we can paint it and make it a cute space for Lily. He put the primer on yesterday so we plan to paint it this weekend. Lily has requested that we paint it purple and blue :) The jury is still out on that one!

Lily is doing really well. She loves school and is learning so quickly these days. She is learning Spanish, counting higher and higher and singing her ABCs. She is working on tracing her letters too. I have a huge sack full of her artwork that I am trying to decide how to display. I swear I get at least 2 new pieces of artwork each day!

We have been busy making plans for the upcoming holidays - I know it is far away, but things book up quickly around here! On our agenda so far we have decorating a gingerbread house program, the Polar Express Event, and several fun things for Halloween.

This upcoming weekend we are taking Lily to a Day Out With Thomas. She is very excited and I think it will be fun. Lately, she has been very in to Thomas. She loves to play with her trains, shop for new trains, read Thomas books and watch the Thomas the Train show. She can even sing the Thomas theme song!

Check back soon for more pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google